Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Over the last three years, I have ordered this item, in "geranium" (pink) from four different vendors.Each time, regardless of vendor, the boxes arrived looking likehit with a sledge, with evidence of having been opened. The contents displayed damage when I peaked inside.The last box had even been marked by someone with a pen to indicate broken or punctured areas.It was taped in many, many places.
This time, I actually bothered to get someone to remove it from the box before tossing a "hissy fit."The walker inside had dirty wheels, whichbeen tied with strings to restrain rolling around in the box.One of the brake handles was broken.It had some pink, and some gray where the ad image reflects pink.
The current vendor replaced it with a gray one.This vendor has done everything they can to MAKE IT RIGHT, but they cannot fix a bad product.I have used a walker every day for over 10 years, and while the design of this one has features I sought, it is terrible execution on that design.
I wanted to go over "uneven terrain."The larger front wheels are supposed to enhance that ability, and an added "curb climber" is supposed to help lift the front wheels over a six or eight inch rise.The larger front wheels do not help over uneven sidewalks, let alone over rough grass.The turning radius is large as the front wheels seem to move randomly.The curb climber pedal is small and close to the back wheels that only a narrow foot with a size 9 or 10 shoe could hold the object in place.
The "internal brake cables" are great, and when cruising around in a store, I do not get caught on clothing racks.However, when I adjusted the height of the walker handles, by myself,I might add, I needed to get someone else to readjust the brakes.The handle height adjustment feature is super easy, but most of us do not change our height often (ever?) so that one or two time action need not be so simple.Were this a child-size walker, and adjustable height feature would be critical.
The handle protectors are icky foam material and do not have the now popular carpel tunnel protection.The basket randomly falls off, regardless of whether it is empty or full.
The walker will stand by itself when folded.Most foldable walkers will not.The fold locks release themselves slowly and unevenly. Then it crashes to the ground because the rear wheel brakes are engaged.
Finally, it is far heavier than most other walkers, with no support features for lifting it into a car.
Buy this walker for grandma if she never leaves the nursing home for so much as boarding the bus for church.And like a Model T, you will have a choice in color.One choice, and pink is not it.
I am a retired software design consultant with Multiple Sclerosis who dedicates my days to wellness activities.This walker did not promote my wellness nor delight my design sensibility.
A final note, all but one of the above mentioned vendors sold through Amazon, my favorite store.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Cosco Traveler Rollator and#150; Geranium
Want to buy Cosco Traveler Rollator and#150; Geranium at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:
0 comments:
Post a Comment